Thursday, January 24, 2013

Camera Fever

On the left is a Yashica-Mat camera my grandfather used in the late 1950s and 60s - it's now on my mantle as a treasured heirloom. I am really excited to be looking at the Sony Alpha Nex-5R as my next camera. I've been using a Sony Cybershot 5 mpx 4x zoom compact camera the last 8 years (from 2004) - loved this camera and I believe over 40,000 shots were taken with it (the image counter has cycled about 4 or 5 times). The new Alpha Nex series offers interchangeable lenses and has gotten some stellar reviews. I'm using more photography in my personal work and will be able to offer professional like work once I get my hands on this camera.

I have talked to someone local about creating a postcard series or flip book that would be scenes, landscapes and landmarks around the Augusta area. Then apply a design treatment around the series to give it a unique look for retail. I'll be pitching the designs by the summer. So this means I need to get my new camera and start shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment